Our aim is to empower our clients to live free from poverty, ill-health, violence and discrimination and ensure they have the tools, skills and resources needed to lead progressively fulfilling lives and dictate their place in Canadian society.
Our objectives include:
- providing client-centered culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate counselling, information, training and referrals to support healthy and effective integration
- creating a community hub and information clearinghouse to facilitate access to relevant community resources and expertise
- offering tailored guidance and support to individuals and families dealing with unemployment, isolation, violence and mental health as well as school, legal, child behaviour and protection issues
- fostering awareness and change that hone family dynamics, reduce conflict and enhance resilience
- helping at risk-youth become successful members of society through referrals, counselling, entrepreneurship and life skills training, volunteering and mentoring opportunities;
- supporting independent and decent living among seniors through free, non-medical respite care and counselling, information, cultural and health programs
- establishing partnerships and networks that will enable community members to thrive, both personally and professionally and to meet their goals and expectations.